Simple Family Holiday Recipe by @muddyoakhenhouse
Hannah from @muddyoakhenhouse wearing our fleece lined Danielle mid rubber boot to gather fresh eggs from her own chicken coop.
"As the winter sets in and Christmas is quick approaching, easy comfort food recipes are what I tend to reach for. Especially around Christmas meal planning. We all know Christmas dinner takes time. Easy meals that fill us up are great to have on hand. This is my quiche recipe that is great for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner! It's quick and easy, making it a perfect Christmas Eve dinner or Christmas morning breakfast. While I gather eggs fresh from the hen house, please be assured this recipe is delicious even if your unable to get fresh from the coop eggs. Enjoy! And may you and your loved ones have a very merry Christmas no matter how it may look this season." -Hannah
Farmhouse Winter Quiche
You will need:
1 pie crust
3/4 cup whole milk
1/2 lb cooked bacon
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
Salt & pepper to taste
2 sprigs each fresh Thyme and sweet Marjoram (about 1 1/2 teaspoon)
1 clove garlic or teaspoon garlic
***For meat lovers - add 1/2 cooked diced ham and 1/2 cup cooked ground sausage***
1. In a standard size pie plate - put down pie crust and poke several holes with fork to the bottom.
2. Lay down cooked bacon (and other meats if desired meat lovers) sprinkle parmesan and sharp cheddar evenly.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, and sweet Marjoram until well blended.
4. Pour over cheese and bacon.
5. Bake at 375⁰ F for 45-50 minutes.
Photos by @muddyoakhenhouse
If you decide to make this for you or your family, make sure to tag us @westernchief #westernchief, so we can enjoy your creation!
Follow the fun on Instagram @westernchief